The school directory includes 219 local universities, colleges and schools in the United States, which offer CAAHEP accredited diagnostic medical sonography programs as of 2018. There are a few schools offering accredited online ultrasound programs for students who prefer distance education. The programs include general sonography, cardiac sonography, vascular sonography and pediatric cardiac sonography. The school directory is updated in November 2017.
8 Steps to Becoming an Ultrasound Technician or a Sonographer
Do you want to become an ultrasound technician or a sonographer but don’t know where to start out?
This 8-step guide will help you find your way.
Guides for Taking Online Ultrasound Programs
Financial Aid, Scholarships, Grants
During School & Clinical Training
Certification & Licensure
For a certified ultrasound technician, the path to a sonography career will certainly require periodic continuing medical education, referred to as ultrasound CME, in order to maintain certifications in good standing.
Related Healthcare Education
External Education Resources:
In addition to our guide resources, the following websites provide some of the best ultrasound education information:
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- Federal Student Aid
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Canadian Medical Association